As we get close to the end of 2016, I wanted to wish you the best of holiday season and a happy new year! It was 1 year ago, I started working at GLM and it has been a great experience. The people here are wonderful to work with.
One of the best ways to have a happy new year is to plan your business and marketing. If you have not done any of this and would like to have ideas, I would be happy to talk with you.
One great way to promote your business is to participate in business expos. I give you 5 reasons to get involved in an Expo
Top 5 reasons to Get registered to Exhibit for an Expo NOW!
1. You should be planning your marketing and budgets for 2017 now! Include this outstanding marketing opportunity now. If you need help with your planning, contact Tom Gosche at GLM
2. If I told you, you can get $10,000 worth of marketing and advertising for only $375, raise your hands if you would take advantage of it! So register now to take advantage of about $10,000 worth of advertising for only $375.
3. You will need Signage and or Exhibit Booths. Get your Signage/ exhibit booth ready now.
4. You will need Design and Printing. Get your Marketing Materials Designed and Printed now.
5. You will need Promotional Products. Get your Promotional Products, ideas and logoed.
Causes to Check Out, With Local Ties
As you may know, I am a networker. I am involved in a few organizations (many of them with events highlighted above). I get to meet some great business people and many of them focus any spare time they have to a cause. I wanted to highlight a few of them today.
1. Rotary Club
Rotary's International goal is to rid the world of Polio. Local Clubs, support that cause and even more! I am a member of Rotary Club of Schaumburg/ Hoffman Estates (Meets on Fridays at Noon in Schaumburg.
2. Walk to End Alzheimer's
I have known Kari-Ann Ryan for many years and in all that time, she has spearheaded a movement to End Alzheimer's. Her life has been affected personally, so she has set up a page for donations. You can also be added to her email list for all the events she organizes, by emailing her: email@example.com
3. National Association of Parks Foundations
The NAPF's vision is to build effective, active, local park foundations, volunteers and other citizens that support their park systems to enhance the park experience in their communities. These Park Foundations usually provide funding for Park District Activities for people in the community that generally cannot afford them.
Please contact my longtime friend, Donald Ortale, Executive Director of NAPF, to learn more about how you can help. Call him at 630-965-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Business Ledger- 2016 Guide to Business Philanthropy & Social Responsibility
This is a list of notable local nonprofits and charities. You can jump to Page 33 on the above link.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
The following is a summary of a full article at Charity Navigator:
A gift to a qualified charitable organization may entitle you to a charitable contribution deduction against your income tax if you itemize deductions.
If the gifts are deductible, the actual cost of the donation is reduced by your tax savings.
In true blog fashion, the last parts are at the top of the page. Scroll all the way down and work your way back up to read them in order.
Tom is the Business Development Manager for GLM. If you are interested in learning more about GLM's services, contact him: