When you hear a business owner say:
- “I need help in figuring out how to make software work for my company”
- “Our software is not meeting our needs”
- “Why is our staff always doing routine tasks in different ways?”
- “We access our systems remotely.”
- “We are thinking of getting a new system. Should we? Shouldn’t we?”
Technology Software Consultants help manufacturers and distributors implement application technology that makes their businesses run better. They can help clients solve business problems by using systems that are currently in place or help them to find the appropriate software and vendors to improve operations. They will work with ERP systems, Warehouse Management systems, bar code scanning technology and other supply chain technologies.
How they Work Consultants utilize business analysis skills, sound project management methodology, and common sense to implement systems. They will work with and manage vendors to control the project and ensure that projects are on time and on budget. They also train employees to ensure that they understand what systems are supposed to do as well how to use new technology.